How To: Five Steps to Perfect No-Heat Waves
Move over spiral curls, pretty waves are taking over as the leading hairstyle trend! If you’ve always wondered how to get those perfectly tousled waves that look so effortless you’ll be pleasantly surprised to know that they actually are quite effortless! This hairstyle is perfect for when you’re looking to take a break from heat styling tools but still want some waves and body to your hair. You can do it the night before and wake up to a styled ‘do. This style works on shoulder-length hair or longer. Here are the five easy steps to the perfect waves!
1. Spray hair from the mid-shaft to ends with a non-aerosol scrunch spray or make your own beach spray by following our how-to, here. You want your hair to be damp, you can help it along by patting on some water with your hands if you have thick hair.
2. Divide hair into two main sections on either side of your head, then make two braids. Leave at least 2 inches of the ends free, then tie with a small plastic elastic to prevent a harsh dent.
3. Slightly pull at the braid’s sides to loosen them up a bit. The tighter the braid, the tighter the wave. If you have thick hair and/or want more definitive waves try braiding hair into 4 main sections.
4. Sleep with the braids in over night.
5. In the morning, release the braids and finger-comb to tousle your hair. Apply a dab of shine serum or lightweight finishing crème to the palm of your hand, then rub your hands together to warm the product up a bit. Apply product starting at the ends and scrunching up towards the roots. Add definition and tame any flyaways by twirling some sporadic sections of hair in your fingers.